OBTAINING A MEDICAL CARD
A Step-By-Step Process for
Obtaining Your Medical Marijuana Card
There are two options for obtaining a card:
- Work with a full service provider who will process all paperwork required with the state of Nevada. We have listed a few full service providers below.
- Visit a doctor of your choosing which will require you to handle some paperwork yourself. We have listed doctor’s who accomodate to medical marijuana patients below.
Resources in the Reno/Sparks/Carson area:
If you obtain copies of your medical records to bring with you to your doctor’s appointment, it will help demonstrate a history of a chronic or debilitating condition and/or an established need for cannabis as medicine. The following doctors are familiar with the referral process and have all the appropriate paperwork that is required by the State of Nevada:
Dept. of Public & Behavioral Health
Medical Marijuana Program
(775) 687-7594 | FAX (775)
4150 Technology Way, Suite #101
Carson City, NV 89706
Hours: Monday – Friday 8AM-5PM
Kind Releaf Consultants
By appointments only
1000 Bible Way #31
Reno, NV 89502
Elements Health Center
Hours: Monday – Friday 10AM-6PM
3502 S. Virginia St. #A6
Reno, NV 89502
Dr. Gail P. Krivans, MD
Hours: Monday – Thursday 10AM-5PM
707 N. Minnesota St, Suite A
Carson City, NV 89503
Dr. Zeller – Family Quick Care Clinic
Hours: Monday – Friday 9AM-5PM
518 Pyramid Way
Sparks, NV 89431
411 E. Taylor St.
Reno, NV 89502
If you decide to visit a doctor of your choosing, please follow these steps:
- Download this application, complete it and send to the Department of Health and Human Service with a check or money order for $25. You may also submit the application electronically, through the online cardholder registry, via this link, if you have the means to scan and upload a front/back copy of your Nevada Driver’s License or Identification Card.
- The State of Nevada will send you the paperwork required for your doctor to complete.
- When your doctor completes the paperwork, return your paperwork to the Department of Health and Human Services with a check for either $50 (one year card) or $100 (two year card).
- After the State performs a background check, they will mail you a letter stating that you were accepted into the Medical Marijuana Registry. Shortly after receiving your approval letter you will receive your Nevada State Medical Marijuana card.
If you are a Nevada patient, you will need to bring in your approval letter OR medical card and your Nevada Driver’s License or Identification Card. Click here to fill out the In-State Patient Form ahead of time, or stop by the dispensary to grab a copy!
If you are an out-of-state patient, you will need to bring your medical recommendation and a Driver’s License/Identification card from a state other than Nevada OR a Passport. Click here to fill out the New Out-of-State Patient Forms, or stop by the dispensary to grab copies!