OBTAINING A MEDICAL CARD
A Step-By-Step Process for
Obtaining Your Medical Marijuana Card
There are two options for obtaining a card:
- Work with a full service provider who will process all paperwork required with the state of Nevada.
- Visit a doctor of your choosing which will require you to handle some paperwork yourself.
Full Service Providers
If you obtain copies of your medical records to bring with you to your doctor’s appointment, it will help demonstrate a history of a chronic or debilitating condition and/or an established need for cannabis as medicine. The following doctors are familiar with the referral process and have all the appropriate paperwork that is required by the State of Nevada:
411 East Taylor Street, Suite A
Reno, NV 89502
Fountain Of Youth*
724 S. Virginia St.
Reno, NV 89501
*Fountain Of Youth provides new patient cards with a doctor’s evaluation and notary services.
Holistic Health Center of Reno
1135 Terminal Way
Reno, NV 89502
3502 S. Virginia St
Reno, NV 89523
If you decide to visit a doctor of your choosing, please follow these steps:
- Download this application, complete it and send to the Department of Health and Human Service with a check or money order for $25. You may also submit the application electronically, through the online cardholder registry, via this link, if you have the means to scan and upload a front/back copy of your Nevada Driver’s License or Identification Card.
- The State of Nevada will send you the paperwork required for your doctor to complete.
- When your doctor completes the paperwork, return your paperwork to the Department of Health and Human Services with a check for either $50 (one year card) or $100 (two year card).
- After the State performs a background check, they will mail you a letter stating that you were accepted into the Medical Marijuana Registry. Shortly after receiving your approval letter you will receive your Nevada State Medical Marijuana card.
If you are a Nevada patient, you will need to bring in your approval letter OR medical card and your Nevada Driver’s License or Identification Card. Click here to fill out the In-State Patient Form ahead of time, or stop by the dispensary to grab a copy!
If you are an out-of-state patient, you will need to bring your medical recommendation and a Driver’s License/Identification card from a state other than Nevada OR a Passport. Click here to fill out the New Out-of-State Patient Forms, or stop by the dispensary to grab copies!