A Step-By-Step Process for

Obtaining Your Medical Marijuana Card

in Nevada


We are a medical and recreational dispensary and cannot provide you a medical card or recommendation.

There are two options for obtaining a card:

  1.  Work with a full service provider who will process all paperwork required with the state of Nevada. We have listed a few full service providers below.
  2.  Visit a doctor of your choosing which will require you to handle some paperwork yourself. We have listed doctor’s who accomodate to medical marijuana patients below.

Resources in the Reno/Sparks/Carson area:

If you obtain copies of your medical records to bring with you to your doctor’s appointment, it will help demonstrate a history of a chronic or debilitating condition and/or an established need for cannabis as medicine. The following doctors are familiar with the referral process and have all the appropriate paperwork that is required by the State of Nevada:

Dept. of Public & Behavioral Health
Medical Marijuana Program
(775) 687-7594 | FAX (775)
4150 Technology Way, Suite #101
Carson City, NV 89706
Hours: Monday – Friday 8AM-5PM

Kind Releaf Consultants
By appointments only
1000 Bible Way #31
Reno, NV 89502
(775) 224-2344+

Dr. Gail P. Krivans, MD
Hours: Monday – Thursday 10AM-5PM
707 N. Minnesota St, Suite A
Carson City, NV 89503
(775) 461-3132

Dr. Zeller – Family Quick Care Clinic
Hours: Monday – Friday 9AM-5PM

518 Pyramid Way
Sparks, NV 89431
(775) 800-1587

411 E. Taylor St.
Reno, NV 89502
(775) 786-3330

If you decide to visit a doctor of your choosing, please follow these steps:

  1. Download this application, complete it and send to the Department of Health and Human Service with a check or money order for $25. You may also submit the application electronically, through the online cardholder registry, via this link, if you have the means to scan and upload a front/back copy of your Nevada Driver’s License or Identification Card.
  2. The State of Nevada will send you the paperwork required for your doctor to complete.
  3. When your doctor completes the paperwork, return your paperwork to the Department of Health and Human Services with a check for either $50 (one year card) or $100 (two year card).
  4. After the State performs a background check, they will mail you a letter stating that you were accepted into the Medical Marijuana Registry. Shortly after receiving your approval letter you will receive your Nevada State Medical Marijuana card.

If you are a Nevada patient, you will need to bring in your approval letter OR medical card and your Nevada Driver’s License or Identification Card. Click here to fill out the In-State Patient Form ahead of time, or stop by the dispensary to grab a copy!

If you are an out-of-state patient, you will need to bring your medical recommendation and a Driver’s License/Identification card from a state other than Nevada OR a Passport. Click here to fill out the New Out-of-State Patient Forms, or stop by the dispensary to grab copies!