Is Recreational Marijuana legal in Nevada?
As of November 8th, 2016, 55% of Nevada residents voted YES on Question 2 which legalizes, taxes, and regulates the sale of recreational marijuana to adults over the age of 21. On January 1st 2017, residents will be legally allowed to possess 1 ounce of marijuana flower or 3.5 grams of marijuana concentrate. Marijuana dispensaries throughout the State of Nevada opened for recreational sales as early as July 1st, 2017.
Is Silver State Relief Dispensary a licensed Medical Marijuana Dispensary?
Yes, we received our final Medical Marijuana Certificate from the State of Nevada on May 18th, 2015. We are dedicated to providing the highest quality of medicine and services for qualified medical marijuana patients, consistent with the limitations and rights established by the State of Nevada’s Administrative Code 435A-Medical Use of Marijuana.
Do you take out-of-state patients?
Yes, Nevada is the only state to fully practice reciprocity. Meaning we will accept medical marijuana cards from states who have adopted medical marijuana laws.
As an Out-of-State patient please bring your valid medical marijuana recommendation and your valid Out-of-State ID or passport.
What are the qualifying conditions to obtain a Medical Marijuana card?
The State of Nevada defines the following chronic or debilitating medical conditions as qualifying conditions to obtain a medical marijuana card:
- Acquired immune deficiency syndrome
- Cachexia (general physical wasting and malnutrition associated with chronic disease)
- Persistent muscle spasms
- Severe nausea
- Severe pain
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
What are patient requirements for obtaining a Medical Marijuana card in Nevada?
- Must be a resident of Nevada.
- Must be in the care of an attending physician who is licensed in Nevada.
- Must be diagnosed with a chronic or debilitating medical condition.
- Must be informed by attending physician about benefits and risks of medical marijuana.
- Must receive written documentation from attending physician that marijuana could mitigate diagnosis.
- Must register with the State of Nevada and obtain a valid identification card.
- Must not possess more than 2 ½ ounces.
- Must not drive, operate or control any vehicle or vessel while under the influence of marijuana.
- Must not unlawfully possess a firearm.
- Must not possess or use marijuana or related paraphernalia in public view.
- Must not knowingly deliver marijuana to a person without a registration card.
- Must not engage in other conduct prohibited by Nevada law.
Do you know of any local doctors familiar with medical marijuana recommendations?
Yes! The following doctors are familiar with medical marijuana recommendations:
411 E. Taylor Street, “A”
Reno, NV 89502
Fountain of Youth
724 S. Virginia Street
Reno, NV 89501
Holistic Health Center of Reno
1135 Terminal Way, Suite 106
Reno, NV 89502
3502 S. Virginia Street, Suite A6
Reno, NV 89523