if you are interested in applying for your nevada medical marijuana program patient card, here is a detailed step-by-step list of the process for your convenience:
medical marijuana patients in nevada must be at least 18 years of age (or may be a minor with a parent or legal guardian designated as his/her primary caregiver) and must be a full-time resident of nevada to register with the division of public and behavioral health’s medical marijuana registry (mmr). in order to register, a patient must meet with their nevada-licensed physician after requesting and obtaining a medical marijuana registry application packet from the division. only an md or do physician are able to complete a portion of the application and provide a recommendation establishing that you have a qualifying medical condition specified by law.
qualifying conditions in nevada
“chronic or debilitating medical condition” means:
1. acquired immune deficiency syndrome
4. a medical condition or treatment for a medical condition that produces, for a specific patient, one or more of the following:
(b) persistent muscle spasms, including, without limitation, spasms caused by multiple sclerosis
(c) seizures, including, without limitation, seizures caused by epilepsy
(d) severe nausea
(e) severe pain
5. any other medical condition or treatment for a medical condition that is:
(a) classified as a chronic or debilitating medical condition by regulation of the division
(b) approved as a chronic or debilitating medical condition pursuant to a petition submitted in accordance with state regulations
there are two options to obtaining a card:
1. full service provider who will process all paperwork required with the state of nevada
2. choose a doctor of your choosing which will require you to handle some paperwork yourself
full service providers:
if you obtain copies of your medical records to bring with you to your doctor's appointment,
it help demonstrate a history of a chronic or debilitating condition and/or an established need for cannabis as medicine.
The following doctors are familiar with the referral process and have all the appropriate paperwork that is required by the State of Nevada:
fountain of youth
724 s. virginia st.
reno, nv 89501
fountain of youth provides new patient cards with a doctor's evaluation and notary services.
holistic health center of reno
1135 terminal way
reno, nv 89502
3502 s. virginia st
reno, nv 89523
a doctor of your choosing:
1. the first step is to send for your application:
download this application
, complete it and send to the Department of Health and Human Service with a check or money order for $25.
you may also submit the application electionically, through the online cardholder registry, via this link
, if you have the means to scan and upload a front/back
copy of your Nevada Driver's License or Identification Card.
2. The State of Nevada will send you the paperwork required for your doctor to complete
3. Once your doctor completes the paperwork, there are two form that will also need to be notarized
4. When your doctor completes the paperwork and you have your two forms notarized, return your paperwork to the Department of Health and Human Services with a check for $75.
5. After the State performs a background check, they will mail you a letter stating that you were accepted into the Medical Marijuana Registry.
6. Take that letter to DMV to have your picture taken. DMV will then mail you your medical marijuana registry card in the mail in about 10 days.
The following doctors are familiar with medical marijuana recommendations:
578 Pyramid Way
Sparks, NV 89431
4095 N. Carson St.
Carson City, NV 89701